We provide customised tenancy and property management services to people with disability, as well as people who identify as experiencing mental illness.

Uniting is a registered Tier 2 Community Housing Provider under the Community Housing Regulatory Framework.

The Uniting Independent Living Program (ILP) supports people who identify as experiencing long-term, persistent mental illness to live independently in their own home, in the community. It’s designed specifically for people whose mental health compromises the stability of their housing.

The ILP uses a supported housing model – which means that we support people to maintain their tenancy, work towards their recovery, engage with their community and remain in safe, secure housing.

We partner with 6 metropolitan Community Mental Health Clinics to provide stable, long-term accommodation to more than 220 people living in Perth’s northern suburbs.

The Independent Living Program at Uniting is accredited against the National Standards for Mental Health, a requirement set by the Mental Health Commission.

To achieve this accreditation the team were required to provide a comprehensive self-assessment via an independent assessing organisation.

The Accreditation demonstrates our Housing team’s dedication to delivering a recovery-focused mental health program for our tenants. The Housing team are committed to ensuring the safety and quality of our services.

The Housing team are excited to continually increase service efficiency and effectiveness in the future.

In order to be eligible for the ILP, you need to be engaged with clinical mental health support and require support to maintain sustainable housing.

Our team aren’t able to accept direct referrals, but we can provide you with the referral form, eligibility criteria and contact details to help you with your application.

If you’d like to apply or need some advice, email us or call 9220 1288. 

Let us get in touch with you

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.