Intensive Family Support
This service is available to families who are working with the Department of Communities; Child Protection and Family Support and who live in the Fremantle, Rockingham or Peel districts. Referrals must come to us via the Department of Communities; Child Protection and Family Support.
Intensive Family Support (IFS) assists parents to develop parenting skills and improve family function to create a safe, nurturing environment for their children.
IFS can support parents to learn about child development, family relationship development and home management.
We focus on family preservation and reunification and offer advocacy services to those who need it.
IFS supports families to:
- Develop the skills needed to safely care for children at home
- Build upon family routines
- Identify high-risk situations and develop strategies to keep the family safe
- Address the issues that impact negatively on their children
- Develop and expand culturally safe support networks
If you are a parent seeking a referral, please contact your local CPFS office.