Escaping violence payment
Please click here to access Escaping Violence Payment support via the Uniting Vic.Tas website.
Someone from our team will get back to you as soon as possible.
The Escaping Violence Payment (EVP) Program is available for people 18+ who have recently experienced intimate partner violence, have a changed living situation and are experiencing financial stress.
That violence can be:
- Physically, verbally or sexually abusive
- Emotionally, spiritually or psychologically abusive
- Economically abusive
- Threatening, coercive, or seeks to control or dominate the other person.
How does it work?
If you are looking to leave a violent partner, or have recently left and you are struggling with the finances to live your life in safety, you could be eligible for:
- Up to $1500 in financial assistance
- Goods and services such as removalists, bonds or basics for a new home
- Wrap-around support including casework from the EVP provider.
You do not need to be connected to Uniting WA to access the program. If you are already working with a family violence support service, talk to them about what to do next.
Please note this is not a crisis service.
If you are in a situation of danger now, please call 000.
If you are experiencing family violence and need immediate support or advice, call 1800 RESPECT on 1800 737 732 or visit the Get Support Now page on our website.